Posted: Thursday September 5, 2019
At Techion we disrupt disease management by making the invisible visible. Techion’s world-leading particle flotation and imaging technology is revolutionising disease management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for helping people.
Techion UK Ltd is part of the New Zealand based Techion Group. Techion sell online parasite diagnostic equipment to the agricultural and veterinary industries in the UK and Europe, and the business is growing to cover a range of species. In addition, Techion are involved in many research projects as well as providing consultancy and advisory services.
The full-time role of ICT Support Technician provides our users in the UK and Europe with technical support on our proprietary hardware and software. This role is based just outside Aberystwyth and provides staff in the United Kingdom and New Zealand with support on our local and cloud-hosted ICT systems and applications.
You will work closely with all staff in the UK, and in the company’s headquarters in Dunedin New Zealand (in particular the NZ based IT team). You will be responsible for providing an exceptional user experience for clients and staff and help drive this exciting company through the next stage of its development.
The ideal candidate will extend their existing knowledge and understanding of the following technologies in the role:
Responsibilities and skills
- Provide in-person or remote support by telephone, email, video call and online chat.
- Use of TeamViewer to access and diagnose problems in remote devices
- Explain how to perform operations on remote computers and our proprietary hardware, even when unable to access remote device.
- Write and execute Linux commands on local and remote computers and proprietary hardware.
- Microsoft SQL Server and software development
- Writing and executing SQL queries
- Extending features in our proprietary software to extract data or generate reports
- Microsoft technologies
- Support internal users in their use of the Microsoft suite of products.
- Support offsite-hosted systems and applications
- Hardware maintenance
- Maintain, service and support our proprietary hardware
- Hardware and software testing
- Conduct scheduled and ad hoc testing on our proprietary imaging hardware and software
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- There will be a need for regular communications with the core IT team are in New Zealand and this will require some meetings over video conferencing which will often be out of normal office hours work due to time zone differences.
- Problem solving
- Commitment to problem resolution
- Learn from experience, and formal and informal instruction
- Think logically and creatively
- Ask questions when required
- Prioritize requests and tasks
- Apply knowledge to new situations
- Knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated independent interest in technology
- Share knowledge with team members, superiors and users
- Humble attitude about knowledge limitations
- Work ethic
- Motivated and self-driven
- Detail-oriented and punctual
- Professional and organised
- Respect for all users, team members and superiors
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of people
Salary band £18,000 to £26,000 relating to experience with a group pension.
Closing Date: Thursday 19th September 2019
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter by email to: email@example.com
For more information call 01970 821918