Sales and Relationship Manager
Full-time role. Based from home and primarily covering the territory of the southern and midlands region of England.
At Techion we disrupt disease management by making the invisible visible. Techion’s world-leading particle flotation and imaging technology is revolutionising disease management.
The role is to support the commercial activities of Techion UK Ltd which is part of New Zealand based Techion Group. Techion UK sells online parasite diagnostic equipment to the agricultural and veterinary industries in the UK and Europe, and the business is growing to cover a range of species. In addition, Techion is involved in many research projects as well as providing consultancy and advisory services.
Techion is looking for an enthusiastic individual who will help drive this young and exciting company through the next stage of its development.
- Generating sales / leads of FECPAKG2 in the livestock and equine industries
- Clients would range from individual farms and equine yards, veterinary practices, animal health distributors up to corporates, industry groups and teaching / research institutions.
- Follow up leads
- Converting to sales through phone calls / visit’s
- Client relationship / support
- Follow up new clients, help them with starting use of the product, manage feedback, forward any technical issues to the technical team.
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing clients, customer satisfaction is essential to ensure recurring revenue from repeated annual subscriptions.
- Attend shows and events to promote the product / service, some of these may be outside the allocated territory
- Attend and present at meetings / knowledge transfer events.
- Harvesting feedback / happy user stories that can be used in marketing campaigns
- Liaising with counterparts in the Techion team in Aberystwyth and New Zealand
- Maintains CRM (customer relationship management) system by inputting customer details and ensuring customers profile are up to date; (e.g. log conversation details, feedback, follow-ups required).
- The role may involve some project support to ongoing research projects within Techion if suitable. This may include supporting field trials and project meetings.
- The territory would in the first instance at least cover the southern and midlands region of England (TBD)
- Experienced in sales and understands the process required for a successful sales role
- Self-driven and motivated
- Professional and organised
- Have the self-discipline to work on their own from home and arrange their own diary / work schedules.
- A good communicator and can work well with other members of the team
- At least a basic background in livestock management, animal health and / or veterinary profession.
- Have a driving licence and willing to travel within the region and sometimes further away and be willing to stay away overnight when necessary.
- To reduce travel, Techion supports the use of video meeting platforms such as zoom to support customers where it is possible.
- Adept at Microsoft Office and have basic computer skills.
- Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Managing Processes, Analysing Information, Problem Solving.
Competitive Salary relating to experience with a group pension and either a company car or paid travel expenses.
Closing Date: Friday 26th July 2019
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter by email to:
For more information call 01970 821918